Re: Latin letter problem!

I believe you want to send a query something like:
mysql_query("SET CHARACTER SET 'utf-8'");

to convince PHP / MySQL client/server interaction to also be in UTF-8,
on top of the internal storage engine storing things in UTF-8.

More info about this SET stuff is at:
http://dev.mysql.com/

I found the way to get PHP/MySQL to tell me what it was using, and
mine was already in UTF-8, so I didn't actually get as far as trying
it. :-v

On Tue, February 20, 2007 10:03 am, Delta Storm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building an simple CMS system. I have built almost everything but
> one thing buggs me...
>
> I have a MySQL database built for publishing news
> (Id,title,newsContent,timestamp).
>
> And I have a php web page that displays that content. The problem is
> with the charset, in the database the settings are following:
>
> character set latin2 collation latin2_croatian_ci;
>
> and in the tables character set utf8;
>
> I display the data in the php page using utf8 I see all the non-PHP
> content pure HTML content capable of seeing croatian letter
> Ä?Ä?žšÄ?, but
> in the news section I only see Ä?Ä?Ä?. But they are on the same page!
>
> I tried putting other HTML charsets like iso-8859-1,iso-8859-2 etc...
> But in all the scenarios I get the HTMl part working but PHP not
> working
> vice-versa...
>

> Please help me it is a very important web page if you need any other
> information just ask!
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> --

Some people have a "gift" link here.