Re: Securing user table with sha function

Hello,

1) If you protect your site from SQL Injection, you must replace all quote
and blank character in your form data. (with string functions)
2) After this step, you can  compare your password (with SHA1) and database
password field (with SHA1).
3) if comparing passwords are true, then you must use session variables for
username
4) if user forget his or her password, you can send email to the user when
the user answer password protected question.

--
Haydar TUNA
Republic Of Turkey - Ministry of National Education