Re: Problem with Redirect

[Didn't I see this thread before?...]

On Thu, February 15, 2007 7:39 pm, Ashish Rizal wrote:
> Hi friends, I am having problem with following code.
> I have actually made the whole code on same page (login.php) and
> the functions that i used in
> this code are in functions.php. Now this time it is showing the
> warning :
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent
> by (output started at C:\Program
> Files\xampp\htdocs\fselection\login.php:1) in C:\Program
> Files\xampp\htdocs\fselection\login.php on line 19
> The line 19 is header("Location: http://$host$uri/$extra";);
>
>  Below is the list of code for login.php.
> The Server i am using is SunOS 5.10.
>
> <?php
> session_start();
> require_once 'functions.php';
> $UserName = $_POST['UserName'];
> $Password = $_POST['Password'];
> $host = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
> $uri = rtrim(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '/\\');
> $extra = 'adminlogin.php';
> $loc = "\"http://$host$uri/$extra\"";;
> if ($_POST){
> $error = login_check($_POST);
> if (trim ($error)=="")
> {
> $accesslevel = accessLevel($UserName);
> ?>
> <?php

//At a minimum, you need to do this here:
session_write_close();

> if ($accesslevel == "admin"){
> $_SESSION["userid"] = login($_POST);
> header("Location: http://$host$uri/$extra";);
> exit();
> }
> else if ($accesslevel == "user") {
> //echo "this is user";
> $_SESSION["userid"] = login($_POST);
> header('Location: userlogin.php');
> exit();
> }
> }
> else {
> print "Error :$error";
> }

You could also consider not doing a redirect at all, and just suck in
the appropriate files with 'include' instead of wasting HTTP
connections and bouncing the user like a basketball just to give them
what they want...

PS
exit is not a function and should not have ()

PPS
Blindly cramming all of $_POST into a session variable is a
particularly Bad Idea from a security standpoint, and you need to
study everything on this site before proceeeding:
http://phpsec.org/

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?