Re: Beginner Questions regarding Mail and Forms

Matthias S. wrote:
> hi jochem,
>
> thanks. i've tripplechecked on the names, but just in case I miss something

don't just read the code - run it with suitable var_dump() statements and
view the output to determine what is *really* happening.

2 possiblities/probabilities:

1. your misspelling the post var name.
2. the invalid html is causing the 'age' post var not to be sent at all.

in either case a suitable var_dump() will shed light.

> obvious, I'll post the entire snippets.

... <snip the entire post> ...

> mail("bla@xxxxxxxx", "Request", $message, _getMailHeaders($name, §email));
> }
> catch(Exception $e)
> {
> }

try/catch here does *nothing* for you - php function do not issue exceptions, the only things that
issue exceptions are some of the new[er] object interfaces in extensions like tidy, spl & simplexml (IIRC)
and userland code that you (or a third party) are explicitly throwing at some point in the code.

mail() will only ever emit errors.

it can be a PITA but such is life; php has 2 'error paradigms':

1. std (old school) php errors (see http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php).
2. exceptions.

they are mutually exclusive, pretty much, and you'll have to take account for both.

PS - always check the english version of the manual as well as you local-language version- the
english version is often more up to date.