Re: Recommend a PHP Framework

Goh Yong Kwang wrote:
Hi,

I am now mulling over writing my PHP web application from scratch or to use some kind of framework to organize my code.

For Java, Struts and Spring come to mind. But for PHP, there are numerous frameworks and I can't figure out which one to use.

I would like to describe my constraints as dictated by my server setup (using a free hosted account, so not a lot of flexibility):

* PHP 5
* Safe mode on
* No database (not even MySQL)
* No shell/SSH login to run commands
* Server running on Linux
* Only allowed to upload my PHP files via FTP or Web browser
* Only allowed to upload files to my account home directory, which is document root
* Not allowed to tweak the PHP installation

So given the above constraints, most likely I need a simple framework that
* Comes in a bunch of PHP files and classes that I can just upload together with my other PHP/HTML files
* No additional configuration on the server side
* No change required for the PHP installation such as PEAR installation, modification of php.ini or installation of extension

Any framework that fits the constraints? Let me know.

Thanks.
---
Goh Yong Kwang
Singapore
gohyongkwang@xxxxxxxxxxx

can you at least write to the local file system with php?

if so, you might look at something that supports sqlite

You could also look at running a separate server running your DB.