Re: PHP or Bridge (card game)

At 2/10/2007 01:19 PM, pub wrote:
Do any of you also know how to play bridge?
If yes, which do you think is harder to learn, PHP or bridge?

I don't think learning is so generalizable.

In my experience, motivation has a lot to do with how easy things are to learn. If you're excited or passionate about a subject, you'll eat it up; if it bores you or aggravates you, you'll tend to resist, even if unconsciously.

I love languages, including programming languages; card games haven't interested me in years, and bridge always seemed particularly boring. I wouldn't expect anyone else to share my particular motivations nor my learning pattern.

PHP has more 'cards' and many more rules than bridge, so I expect it's far more complex. That in itself doesn't make it more difficult to learn, but I suppose it might if one's passion for the two pursuits were, somehow, equal.

So... what does this have to do with PHP?

Regards,
Paul