Re: JS prompt -> php

Hey Tedd,
Thanks for replying.

The problem is, I know how to do this via a drop down select box and a text box... I want to do this via a javascript prompt, which is where I am getting stumped.

Cheers!

tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: At 5:11 AM -0800 2/7/07, Ryan A wrote:
>Hey all!
>
>Quick question (and hopefully a simple one)
>
>I have a link on a page, when the client clicks that link it should
>show them a JS prompt and ask for their name (so far I have done
>this)
>
>When they write their name, I want that data to be sent to my php
>script via AJAX (yes?) so the page does not reload or anything....
>(actually, how can i reload the page to reflect the change?)
>
>I have googled but I see whole ajax classes and what not, I dont
>know if I am using the correct keywords or what...  you would happen
>to have a working piece of code that you could share with me.. would
>you?
>
>Thanks!
>Ryan

Ryan:

Your terminology is clear enough and you're on the right path, but
it's not simple.

The way it works is that you have a javascript ajax file, which is
loaded by your main page and creates a request object. When the user
clicks something, it receives a send request, and handles the
response, which in turn updates the page via the DOM without a
refresh. Clear?

Keep looking at ajax.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.