Re: Re: file_get_contents

On Tue, February 6, 2007 7:53 am, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Steven Macintyre wrote:
>> Hiya,
>>
>> I need to be able to read a file into a string - I have used the
>> above
>> command and it works ... now ... I need to read a file into a string
>> - that
>> requires a username and password to access the authentication is
>> normal HTTP
>> basic realm
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> $var =
> file_get_contents('http://username:password@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/path/to/secret/file.txt');
>
> This is standard web syntax - e.g. it will work in a web browser,
> wget,
> curl, etc.

Actually, IE is dropping (has dropped?) support for the
username:password part because their users are too dumb to chop out
their password before posting their URL or something...

I found this in some KB article somewhere, I think...

They didn't actually express it as user stupidity, mind you. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?