Re: _GET('name') truncates

On Mon, February 5, 2007 2:36 pm, Oscar Gosdinski wrote:
> When you send GET all the parameters are sent in the HTTP header and
> this header has a limited length. If you want to send large parameters
> in a form you have to use POST which send this data on the HTTP body
> and it has no limit.

Last time I read the HTTP spec (some years ago, and outdated...)

Web server vendors were "encouraged" to accept as much POST data as
practical.

To be compliant, they had to accept at least 4K???

This only applies to raw POST, not, say file upload with the ENCTYPE set.

If you are certain that it is truly unlimited by RFC Spec, I'd love a
reference...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?