Re: _GET('name') truncates

On Mon, February 5, 2007 2:11 pm, tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If you're really intent on setting up a PHP powered web page to test
> SQL statements, I might recommend using a web form either using input
> type=text or textarea form elements and a POST method instead of GET.

I belive the minimum compliant POST size is...  4096 bytes???

The HTTP spec upped this every version release, it seems like, so I
could never keep track.

*MOST* servers are way more lenient on the POST size limit than GET,
though, in my experience of servers that enforce a limit.

I believe Apahce mod_security may have such a limit -- Actually, that
won't even let you pass in something that looks like a whole SQL query
in the first place, which is a PITA if you want a back-end admin page
with a simple POST form to replace the phpMyAdmin bloatware. :-(

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?