Re: PHP book reviewers wanted

Hello,

on 02/05/2007 02:14 PM Robert Cummings said the following:
>>> Demonstrating good English writing skills and having published good book
>>> reviews in the past gets me preference.
>> "gets me preference" ???
>>
>> Me get any money for this?
>
> No money you get! Tingly feeling of goodwill spread throughout you it
> will.

Unfortunately, publishing book reviews is not the kind of thing that is
worth the time it took me to develop the review system. That was true in
the year 2000 and it is still true until today.

Anyway, since the system is already done, hopefully it will help all
book writers that are brave enough to invest plenty of time writing good
PHP books.

Often writing books is also not worth the effort. Many authors that try
it, only write one book and then give up because the books do not sell
enough and they realize they can make more doing something else like
consulting.

At least maybe the reviews can benefit the authors either helping the
books sell more or getting them better known in the community and the
consulting business. When that happens, I will be satisfied and feel
compensated for all the time I invested in developing the review system.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/