Re: Parsing mail file

Pierre Pintaric wrote:
Myron Turner a écrit :
Jim Lucas wrote:
he wants a cut/paste answer to his problem. He doesn't want to build something and learn how it all works. He just wants it to work out of the box.

Why would someone want to read an RFC if he didn't have to? Maybe we should all start by writing our own GUI's. Nothing like having to learn how to map video memory in C and assembler, as we had to do before Windows.
I am so sorry, I'm so inferior to you great developper. I only wanted to use libraries, but I can see that you never use them, you code your onw low levels functions. You propably have lot of time to spend to do this and your work is so perfect that you don't need help from anybody. It's really good for you, but it's not my case. I think (and it's my own opinion) lot of people work better than me and if they spend time to make libraries and they share them, it's certainly to be used by others developpers.

Now, if you don't have any useful response - not sarcastic, not "see the documentation" (of course people read documentation before asking help) - to my question, please don't send unnecessary mails. Thanks

well, first off, I would use the analogy:

	Let me teach you to fish.
	This way I don't have to catch the fish for you.

You say that you have looked but could not find anything on how to do this. Well, I would start by looking at the various programs that already exist that currently do this and figure out how they are doing it first. Then if you don't understand what is going on, or can't find the answer, then drop us a question or two.

But don't just ask us to hand you the answer. We are all here to teach each other to become better programmers. We should not be cut/paste junkies.

--
Enjoy,

Jim Lucas

Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings. But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.

- Rush