Re: Calling iTunes from a browser

On Mon, January 29, 2007 3:03 pm, Skip Evans wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to call I tunes from a PHP script.
>
> If I call the URL right from the browser the
> player opens up fine and starts downloading the
> podcats.
>
> But if I put this in the code the browser says
> "Page Cannot be Displayed" and stops.
>
> header("location:
> itpc://fiql.com/~podlist/superfeeds/superfeed27.xml");

Depending on the browser, and on the Content-type: spit out by the
FIRST HTTP Response, the browser may be "locked" into the idea that
it's going to be getting a text/html document, or other...

Track your headers from the first response and try to put the correct
Content-type out all the way through the chain of re-directs that ends
up with your ITPC document.

Either that, or just don't *do* all those re-redirects that confuse
the browser, and link directly to an ITPC URL, and use PHP to suck in
and spit out the XML.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?