Re: which package to use for unzipping zipped files with PHP

I've used the PECL zip extension. I believe it was originally based on zzip, but is now based on another zip library. http://pecl.php.net/package/zip

I won't make any claims about it being better or worse than the other two you mention ('cause I really don't know), but I can tell it works reliably. :-)

jon

Angelo Zanetti wrote:
Dear all.

I have been googling to find out which is the best way to use PHP to unzip a zip file I have found the following:

zziplib

and

pclzip

but still can't really decide without doing alot of tests etc..

Can anyone give advice as to which one to use. and which one not to and why?

TIA.

regards