Re: Unserialize problem (and or bug)

Hi
On Thursday 25 January 2007 02:16, Richard Lynch wrote:
> On Wed, January 24, 2007 9:17 am, Sancar Saran wrote:
> > After updating company test server to dotdeb 5.2.0 it star to give
> > memory
> > problems (even 32mb session). I tought it was because of suhosin. And
> > cannot update that server to vanilla debian php5 package because it
> > was a
> > sarge so today my company gives me another debian etch (like my home
> > pc). I
> > setup latest php 5.2.0.8 for debian etch.
> >
> > Then unserialize gives another problem
> >
> > Message: unserialize(): Error at offset 1384 of 3177 bytes
> > Code: 8
> > Line: 419
> >
> > My pc uses debian etch and have php 5.1.6-5 my scripts working
> > normally.
> >
> > Is there any suggestion for handle this ?
>
> What is in the data at byte 1384 that can't be unserialized?

some UTF-8 data

> Are you trying to take data serialized by one version of PHP and
> unserialize it with another?
Yes
> That does not work in current versions, though discussion on Internals
> lends hope that future versions will be able to deal intelligently
> with this situation.

Jochem was inform me, then I was re generate that arrays then problem fixed.

> Check http://bugs.php.net/ for similar bugs -- there may be a patch.
>
> Also check with suhosin and Debian bug tracking, as it may be specific
> to either of those.

Currently My machine and target has same php version, Today I may do another
transfer. I'll recheck situation, maybe backporting data from server solve
the issue. And or I move my machine to more updated PHP...

Dotdeb (including suhosin) and standart PHP act very differently. In dotdeb
unserialize filling 32 mb'ed session and stop. Vanilla php 5.1.6 (at target
server) and 5.2.0 (at target server) giving offset error...

More interesting was I'm on so tigh schedule to do someting...

Maybe I have to go and burn a candle to St.Murphy

God save Jochem and you, because there was no info anywhere in web, yesterday
I go crazy. And I bet myself to this serialize/unserialize thing...

Many thanks...

Sancar