Re: Debugging itpc

On Wed, January 24, 2007 1:01 pm, Skip Evans wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm working on a site that allows users to build
> libraries of podcasts, and one of the calls to a
> PHP file is itpc, not http.
>
> Hence I don't have the ability to echo data for
> debugging, and I also don't have write access to
> any dirs to fopen and fwrite data.
>
> Any suggestions for other ways to debug this
> script file?

http://php.net/error_log
might be able to send error messages to your Apache or system log,
depending on the settings of php.ini
You could even go so far as emailing the errors to yourself, though
that obviously is rife with possiblities of abuse in a Production
environment...

http://php.net/set_error_handler
may come in handy to automate handling the errors once you figure out
how to do it.

Convincing the server admin to give you a directory outside the
webtree where you can have PHP writing error log data should not be
too terribly difficult...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?