Re: creating an api-which protocol do you use?

On Tue, January 23, 2007 7:59 am, blackwater dev wrote:
> I need to create some webservices for our web app and am really torn
> as to
> which route to go...SOAP, XML_RPC, etc.?  I like the looks of REST but
> many
> of our partners that will be using our services use cold fusion and I
> think
> that has build in SOAP support.
>
> Which protocol would you use?

Use whichever one is convenient for the most recipients, which sounds
like SOAP for you, so far.

Try to design your application so that you can easily provice the
OTHER options later as well, so you can have a single DB with multiple
publication methods.  Consider RSS as well.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?