Re: PHP Functions as XML or DB

Copy&Paste man ;) (Just kidding) Now, seriously, I myself would write a parser for this, fetch some raw data from the pages, and do further processing on those.

I didn't checked yet, but I am almost sure that there may be only a few variations of the manual's used html template, and I don't think that it would take you two much time to figure out ways to extract data from each of this variations.

On the other hand, I think that this would be a good question to be put on the PHP Manual Mailing List. I am almost sure that somebody already has done this and can help you with it.

sergiu

WeberSites LTD wrote:
Hi
I'm looking to create a Table that holds all of the PHP Functions, their description and syntax.
It's all in the manual and I'm trying to extract it from there but I find it
hard since the HTML template is not the same for all the functions. I may be going about this the wrong way... is there an easier way? thanks berber