non-blocking request to a url (via curl or file_get_contents or whatever)...

hi,

I have a tradedoubler webbug to implement in site - not a problem as such - but
I have a slight issue when it comes to online payments.

I have an order processing page that is requested *directly* by an online payment service
in order to tell the site/system that a given order has successfully completely,
this occurs prior to the online payment service redirecting the user back to my site...

at the end of the order processing the order (basically the order is marked as completed)
is removed from the session in such a way that there is no longer anyway to know details
about the order, so by the time the user comes back to the site I don't have the required
info to create the required webbug url...

which led me to the idea/conclusion that I must (in the case of successful online payments)
generate the webbug url in the order processing page while the relevant order details are
still available and then make a request to the webbug url directly from the server...

I could make this request by simply doing this:

	file_get_contents($webbugURL);

but this would block until the data was returned, but I don't want to wait for a reply and
I definitely give a hoot about the content returned ... all I want is for the request to
go out on the wire and then have my script immediately continue with what it should be doing.

I believe this would require creating a non-blocking connection in some way, but I'm stuck
as to the correct way to tackle this. I've been reading about non-blocking sockets/streams etc
but I'm just becoming more and more confused really, anyone care to put me out of my misery?

rgds,
Jochem