Re: email validation string.

Don't top-post.
Trim quoted material.
Use a mail user agent that doesn't screw up quoting. There's a plugin
for Outlook to fix it.
Thanks.

# berber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / 2007-01-19 12:15:15 +0200:
> From: Roman Neuhauser [mailto:neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx]
> > # berber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / 2007-01-19 10:55:21 +0200:
> > > Try this : http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-3274.html
> >
> > This will reject addresses that use greylisting, and 600 lines in a single
> > function is gross.  I wouldn't touch that.

I should have also mentioned that the function is fundamentally flawed,
and the whole section dealing with deliverability should be removed.
The only way to reliably find out about an email address deliverability
is to send it a secret and receive it back (filtering out bounces).
This mathematician, Daniel Bernstein, has a proof-of-concept code in
ezmlm. :) (Or just google for VERP.)

> You can always go to http://www.weberdev.com/ and write "email validation"
> in the Top Ajax search box.

What's "Top Ajax"?

> There are many other email validators that should have less than 600
> lines in one function :)

I already have a regular expression that matches a reasonable subset of
the grammar defined in RFC 822.  Why should I use someone else's square
wheel when I have mine own? :)

Also, if there are many email validators with better code, please offer
those better ones if you must.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.