Re: Include files beneath pointed directory

Wikus Moller wrote:
Hi.

I have a windows server and I know this issue has been dealt with
before but I can't find it, I want to include a file from a directory
beneath or aside my home directory.

Can I use the C:\directory\anotherdirectory\file.php in the include
function like include "C:\directory\anotherdirectory\file.php"; or do
I need more code to make it work? I am sure I do. The directory would
be aside my home directory.

That should work fine in theory.

I'd suggest using the constant 'DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR' instead:

$path = 'c:' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'directory' .....

so you don't have to worry about escaping backslashes, otherwise you have to write it as:

c:\\directory\\ ...

or

c:/directory/....

Both of those should work ok but using the constant you shouldn't have any problems with forgetting about escaping a \ .

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/