Re: $_SESSION variable gets lost on FORM action

Roman wrote:
# dreasi0n.php.net@xxxxxxxxx / 2007-01-17 19:06:16 +0000:

Stut wrote:

Redirecting using a Location header is not the only thing you can do
with the header() function. It will never end processing of the
script no matter what you pass to it. The example on the manual page
for the header() function says as much (http://php.net/header), you
read that right?

Well, I feel like a du***ss!

No, I hadn't read that. I promisse, and this one is to keep, I won't
post to this list again without dedicate enough time to the problem,
at least to read the manual.

Anyway, thank you for confirm what I should have known in advance and
also for remembering me that PHP developers have a PHP manual for PHP
users...

Also, the header() call you provided in the original post was a
violation of HTTP. Knowing the programming language is just one of
your responsibilities IMNSHO.  The manual for HTTP users (you!) is at
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2616.txt

Hi Roman,

My English is not the best and I'm not sure what you mean. By looking at
the document you linked I'm thinking that the problem you're talking about
is not the '?var=value' but instead, the fact of being using a relative URL.

Am I correct?

If so, is there a way to know the full address of the index.php file?
I'm asking this because my IP is dynamic and I'm using a free redirection
service. My site is at 'http://something.no-ip.org/sitename' can I use
'http://something.no-ip.org/sitename/index.php?vaz=value' on the
Locarion header?

Thanks