RE: One last try at this!

This is what I am trying to do, and for the most part it works, but it also
may be causing some of my other problems.

If $event contains invalid characters, I am returning a string that says
"Invalid Characters" So $result now contains the value 'Invalid Characters'.
Then $formerror['event'] = $result - is self explanatory.

If there are no errors nothing is returned and $result should contain
anything. But this doesn't always seem to be the case. This is one of the
problems I am having.

This is the code in a nutshell.

if($result = ValidateString($event)) { $formerror['event'] = $result;

function ValidateString($string) {

	if(!preg_match("/^[-A-Za-z0-9_.' ]+$/", $string)) {
	return "Invalid Characters";
}

Thanks