Re: CHMOD a file in windows server 2003

Kencana wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> anybody knows how to CHMOD a file to 777 or 666 or etc. in windows server
> 2003?

windows server 2003 (et al) uses a completely different mechanism to the std linux
way of doing things with regard to file permissions.

other than opening lots of dialogs and checking lots of boxs I don't really know ;-)

SingTFW didn't offer any obvious results regarding setting NTFS file permissions
directly from php.

maybe you can load a .NET module that has this capability?:
	http://php.net/manual/en/ref.dotnet.php

or likewise using the COM extension to gain access to something usable?
	http://php.net/manual/en/ref.com.php

or maybe this?:
	http://php.net/manual/en/ref.w32api.php

or this?:
	http://php.net/manual/en/ref.iisfunc.php

I would probably figure out what commandline functionality windows offers
to do this kind of thing and then call the relevant cmd using the functions
provided here:
	http://php.net/manual/en/ref.exec.php

of course a cynic might ask what the point was of bothering with permissions
on a windows system - but I'll restrain myself ;-)