From: Scott Bounds [mailto:scott.bounds@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:50 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Please Help with simple Noob problem

bruce wrote:
> hi scott.
>
> tell us, have you been able to generate a simple html test page on the
> server that you can see from your browser.
>
> for test purposes (i'm assuming this is your on test server), rename the
> apache error/access log files. no need to trek through old garbage in the
> files. when you restart apache, it'll recreate the files.
>
> from a short perusal of your posts, i'm of the opinion that something is
> screwing up apache from running.
>
> so let's see if we get apache starting correctly.
>  -lets see is we get a basic test html file to be served
>  -we'll tackle getting php files served...

Hi Bruce.  I created a simple test.html page and had the following in
the page:

The page did present with the text in red.  I then checked the error_log
and it had no entries beyond just  the startup stuff.  it seems that it
is doing the html just fine.  I do have a production server running
(same configuration) and it presents html pages just fine.  Just no php
pages.

Scott