RE: Please Help with simple Noob problem

hi scott.

tell us, have you been able to generate a simple html test page on the
server that you can see from your browser.

for test purposes (i'm assuming this is your on test server), rename the
apache error/access log files. no need to trek through old garbage in the
files. when you restart apache, it'll recreate the files.

from a short perusal of your posts, i'm of the opinion that something is
screwing up apache from running.

so let's see if we get apache starting correctly.
 -lets see is we get a basic test html file to be served
 -we'll tackle getting php files served...