Re: whois Domain??

Marcelo Ferrufino Murillo wrote:
> Hi ereryone I need to do an script into a web page to know if a domain is
> registered so I don´t know how to send a query to "internic" or what I have
> to do to get this.
>
> Thank you, I hope your help.

You've already asked this question earlier today and people gave you
some answers.... did none of them work?

You should probably reply to your own thread rather than start a new one
asking the same (but clarified) question.

I've CC'ed you in directly incase you are not reading the actual mailing
list :)

Just to let you know the basics, what you want to do is a "whois" query.
If you have a terminal on a *nix machine you can usually just type:
"whois domain.com" and it will give you all the info you need. If you
don't have whois installed or are on windows then you need to work out
how to install an appropriate version of that too for your operating
system/distro.

Col.