Re: Search script problem

top posting.

what sucks?

still having trouble keeping your posts on lists?
if you want to put me in my place, that's fine but please
keep it on list where it belongs - if only because private flames
wars are so boring.

Wikus Moller wrote:
> Oops, I gave you the wrong link, here is the correct one where you can
> gain some knowledge:
>
> http://google.com/search?q=How+to+answer+questions+without+trying+to+look+smart

firstly, I can't actually see anything very specific to the query in the results.
secondly the first item in the results is primarily aimed at *you* (given that
you asked the question).

with regard to this page: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
I am aware of it, I've read it a number of times, it's been posted on this
list numerous times and at least 1 long time list member actually carries the
link in his signature.

with regard to the last section on that page entitled
'How To Answer Questions in a Helpful Way' I don't feel I
transgressed any on of the points made, other than possibly 'be gentle' -
obviously you didn't consider it a gentle reply but it was comparitively gentle
by my usual standards.

with regard to looking smart - I don't kind looking smart at all, I consider myself
smart & *reasonably* knowledge with regard to using php - not perfect, not gifted, not
exceptional in anyway, but smart nonetheless. if that makes you feel inferior
you have one simple recourse - become, in your mind, smarter than me :-) I'll welcome
it, it would mean one more mind on this list capable of solving problems and
help raise the level of php hacking in general.