Re: PHP Manipulation of WMV

Casey Chu wrote:
> Okay, sorry if I wasn't clear. I need to get frames from a WMV
> dynamically with PHP. If the way to do is not a native PHP function, I
> need to use an include() to get the functions because I can't use
> extensions.

extracting frames from a video file/stream is not quite at the same level
of complexity as say extract a substring from a string - if you get my point.

you will need to have the ffmpeg program available on your system, get your
sys admin to install if it's not there.

doing a quick search I found the following class which acts as a wrapper to
the ffmpeg command line program (and as the blurb mentions doesn't require
recompiling php or loading extensions):

https://trac.phpgraphy.org/trac/browser/phpgraphy/trunk/base/include/yorsh-ffmpeg-wrapper.class.php?rev=367

there are probably other similar bits of code out and about if you do
a thorough search.

no doubt there are alternative programs that do what ffmpeg does but ffmepg
is the only [free] one I could think of right now.