Re: Posix Shared Memory Support?

David George wrote:
> On 1/5/2007 5:41 PM, Jochem Maas wrote:
>> David George wrote:
>>
>>> I have an application on Linux 2.6.9 which uses posix shared memory and
>>> I need to access the shared memory via a web page using php.  Looks like
>>> PHP only supports System V shared memory, which isn't an option for me
>>> in this case.
>>>

>> is this what your looking for?
>>
>>     http://php.net/manual/en/ref.shmop.php
>>

> I thought shm and shmop were both system V?  I may have misunderstood
> because in PHP they are accessed with a key, whereas POSIX shm is
> usually accessed via a name.
>
> Of course I could be wrong.  :-)

that goes for both of us, I was going on guess work really, based on the fact
that this page mentions System V:

	http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.sem.php

but this pages mentions only 'Unix Shared Memory':

	http://php.net/manual/en/ref.shmop.php

I was kind of hoping thse 2 extensions were not actually [doing] the
exact same thing hiding behind 2 different (which seems silly)

maybe a bigger egghead can shed some real light on the matter
(including the discrepancy between key/name that you mentioned).