Re: Problem with file reading

# stuttle@xxxxxxxxx / 2007-01-05 17:17:46 +0000:
> Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> ># stuttle@xxxxxxxxx / 2007-01-05 16:34:41 +0000:

> >>Is there a reason why you're trying to access it through a URL? If not,
> >>please don't.
> >>
> >>The file path needs to be relative to the current file. So if your PHP
> >>file is in the root, "test_folder/test1.txt" should work. If your PHP
> >>file is in a folder named code in the root, "../test_folder/text1.txt"
> >>should work.
> >
> >Arent' you confusing this with something else? fopen() is affected
> >by the current working directory of the process calling it. What kind of
> >"root" are you talking about? The filesystem root, "/"?
>
> The OP referred to the "servers root folder". Now stop nit-picking and

I'm not nitpicking. If the webserver process (assuming mod_php) runs in
a different directory, fopen("relative/to/documentroot/path.txt") won't
help him at all, and as far as I can tell, it's quite common for web
servers to run with pretty much any cwd, often / or /var/empty (these
are local filesystem paths).

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.