Re: PHP & podcasts

On Wed, December 27, 2006 4:46 pm, Skip Evans wrote:
> I'm doing some maintenance work on a site that
> features podcasts and some of them work and some
> of them don't.
>
> I've never worked with podcasts before, and while
> I'm figuring out how they work I was wondering if
> anyone knew of any good tutorial sites on them and
> perhaps even programming them in PHP.
>
> I've done some Googling but haven't found anything
> really good.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcaststechspecs.html

is pretty clear, if a bit long-winded.

There are also some really goofy things in their Design choices that
irk me, but what are ya gonna do?

There's a link there to a forum with decent followup as well.

The PHP part is just a question of spitting out the correct XML, which
is pretty much a no-brainer with anything from a simple heredoc or a
fancy XSLT thingie, whichever way you prefer.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?