Re: Chocked

Peter Lauri wrote:
I was chocked when I got my additional dedicated server from my server
provider. I assumed everyting would have been the same as I ordered the
server with same package name etc. The chocking part was that the server had
PHP5 and not PHP4.

Ok, it is not a hard piece of work to get it working, but one thing stunned
me :-)

Assuming that I have the following structure:

/index.php

/classes/first.class.php

/classes/second.class.php

Index.php:

include_once("classes/first.class.php");

first.class.php

include_once("second.class.php");

This worked fine, but this time I get an "open dir" error. Is this something
that is new to PHP5 for this, or do I just need to config the server to
accept this "sloppy" including of files?

Best regards,

Peter Lauri

 <http://www.dwsasia.com/> www.dwsasia.com - company web site

 <http://www.lauri.se/> www.lauri.se - personal web site

 <http://www.carbonfree.org.uk/> www.carbonfree.org.uk - become Carbon Free

More the likely it is a difference in the include_path setting which can be found in the php.ini file. This can also override this setting in the VirtualHosts block and .htaccess file. Check these locations for any additional include_path changes in the old system. sometimes you will see things like

include_path = '/path/to/htdocs:.:/var/www/html'

or other variations of this

Jim Lucas