Script's length, echo, and execution speed

Hello,

I have this php script of 3,500 lines with a big switch that is such that on
each pass maybe 300 lines of codes are executed at most. The current speed
of the file is ok. I like to keep the file like that because at each pass
there is a check on the whole script and it fails if there is a typo
somewhere. Also, I like to have one file instead of many files. But I am
wondering if speed is not severaly hurt. What are the general guidelines in terms
of length of script?

Also, I am writing things like that:
    echo '<table>';
    echo '<tr>';
    echo "<td>Content</td>";
    echo '</tr>';
    echo '</table>';

I like it this way because the script is visually very well aligned, with one action
per line and that makes things easier for me to read and understand. But, so
many echoes may be considered bad practice; maybe it impacts speed
significantly.
Thanks