RE: How to Separate PHP Errors to a file different than Apache Errors

Apache Errors

>On 12/23/06, Shanon Swafford <listbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I just cut my website over to Apache2 and PHP5 on FC5.
>>
>> So now I'm clean up all the PHP Notices.
>>
>> Does anybody know the config directives I can put in my /etc/php.ini or
>> etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf or /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf so that I could
>> separate the php errors file from the apache errors file?
>
>http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php
>
>Specifically 'error_log'.
>
>This will be commented out in a default php.ini file, search for it
>there, enable it and restart your webserver.
>
>Also the webserver user has to 'own' this file (as with it's other
>logs), so check permissions.
>--

Thanks Chris,

I've read that but either it is not possible or I'm still missing something.

This is my setup:

/etc/php.ini
error_log = /var/log/httpd/php_errors

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
ErrorLog logs/error_log

With this:

Command line php errors show up in php_errors which is good.

But Apache php errors generated by scripts served up by Apache as web pages
all show up in error_log.

I'd like these Apache errors to go into php_errors so I can keep my "Apache:
file not found type errors" and "PHP Syntax" errors separate.

Is this possible?

Thanks again,
Shanon