Re: Are PHP5 features worth it?

Hi

You can make AJAX Applications without XML (AJWOX). You can also make
Synchronous AJAX without using the XMLHttpRequest Object.
You can call it SJWOX (synchronous javascript without XML).

The thing I like is, that character encoding is correct if you use XML
for sending data to the server. Wrong encoded messages are not accepted.

To make your own XML parser is not at all easy.
Think about a simple message like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<text>&Uuml; is not Ü</text>

(Parser must report an error)

Bernhard

Am Donnerstag, den 21.12.2006, 10:55 -0500 schrieb
tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: