Re: MS Outlook 2003 Options

Ray Hauge wrote:
Okay, this doesn't have to do with PHP directly, but it does have to do
with this list.  I'm using MS Outlook 2003.  My company has an exchange
server, and the Evolution OWA client doesn't work well enough for all
the calendaring stuff I have to do.  So, I was wondering if anyone else
out there has run into the problems I am having.

First, and foremost, Outlook doesn't thread messages very well.  Are
there any plug-ins or options that can be set to get my PHP folder to
display a proper threaded view?  I used to have this in Kmail, and I
desperately miss it.

Second is bottom posting.  Is there any way to get Outlook to put my
reply at the bottom of the page?  Again with the Kmail :-)

I've been looking for information on these for the past hour or so, but
my searching powers aren't working.... Damn kryptonite!

Ok, first of all this couldn't have less to do with PHP no matter how you try to frame it. However, I do have some sympathy for your situation, so for the sake of the archives here's a response...

1) Use Thunderbird for mailing lists. Outlook sucks for anything non-enterprise.

2) I have this Gmail account purely for mailing lists. It forwards to an IMAP mailbox and I then use Thunderbird from work, home and laptop to access it. Works very well.

3) At work I am forced to use Outlook, so I use Outlook QuoteFix to, erm, fix the quoting in Outlook... http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix

-Stut