RE: Search Results Accuracy

Hi,

I'm not really sure which is the best path to go but let me give you an example
scenario :

1. We already have a database of varchar data :

            |                       links              |

            | 340-golfers-dream-and-swimmers|

            | 89-golfers-dream                   |

            | 45-golf-equipments                |

            | 3-best-golf-training                 |

            | 0-golf-equipment-and-training  |

            | 39-golf-training                      |

2. From data above if we search the database for '%golf%' it would return all
rows as results, if we search for '%golf%training%' it would return three rows .

How do I choose from the multiple results? For the '%golf%' query, the desired
result is golf-equipments or golf-training, while for '%golf%training%' the
desired result should be 39-golf-training alone . This is sort of like search
engine ranking their results, but for this how do I set the criteria using MySQL
queries or if not possible using PHP .

I hope it makes it more clear, questions are welcomed.

TIA

Jervin

--
<http://www.getafreelancer.com/affiliates/shockx/>