Re: imap_open('/path/to/mbox', '', '')

Richard Lynch wrote:
> I'm having trouble with Windows imap_open.
>
> I have the exact same mbox on a Linux box, with the exact same PHP
> code opening it just fine.
>
> I FTP (binary) to the Windows box (and a second time to be sure it
> wasn't an FTP flake-out).
>
> Opening the mbox in Windows yields a message like:
> PHP Notice:
> Unknown:
> C:\\data\\mbox.excerpt (file C:\\data\\mbox.excerpt) is not in valid
> mailbox format (errflg=2)

LONG SHOT: the path is freaking imap_open out - maybe it can be tricked
by using a path like so '/data/mbox.excerpt' (which windows should swallow -
although it assumes C: is the default drive [I think])

other than that I can only think to switch the line-endings in the mbox file
(at least to rule out the line ending as the problem)?!

> Can somebody point me to anything that would de-mystify (errflg = 2)
> in the error message?
> Obviously that '2' has SOME kind of meaning, but is that from PHP,
> IMAP, Windows OS, File System, ...?

I think the errflg is coming from IMAP ... I have found several bits
of C code related to IMAP (and seemingly nothing to do with php)
that reference 'errflg' - I have also found
that a value of 2 for errflg can mean anything from 'invalid mbox format'
to 'authentication failed'  (not very helpful!)

what do these functions return for you?:

imap_errors(), 	imap_alerts(), imap_last_error()