From: Angelo Zanetti [mailto:angelo@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:18 PM
To: PHP List
Subject:  PHP and connection to mail account

Dear All.

Do u know if its possible with PHP to receive a mail or connect to a
mail box and do something with an incomming email ? I see there is that
imap_open() but also there are sockets.

Basically I need to connect to a mailbox and then when a mail is
received it must take that mail and do something with the attachment
which I know how to do and is not important to this question.

Please maybe advise as to what the best way is and also if you have
experienced difficulties with a certain way.

Thanks in advance.

Angelo Zanetti
Systems developer

*Telephone:* +27 (021) 469 1052