Re: php redirection..

Tim wrote:
> Just a quick question regarding this issue.
>
> Considering bruce wants to be able to display the data and then change
> location after a given time, and as stut said you can't do this with a
> header() as it redirects before output, I would have imagined a dynamic meta
> tag in the header with a time variable and a location variable.
>
> But then I wonder what affect this has regards to html standards?
> Are dynamic meta tags depreciated?

What exactly do you have in mind when you mention "dynamic" meta tags?
Do you just mean using a meta refresh tag?

I believe that would be the best solution to Bruce's problem.
This meta tag can be used on the page with the information to be shown
and automatically redirected to the URL specified in the tag after n
seconds. In the above example, redirection to www.example.com will
happen after 2 seconds.

Good luck Bruce