Re: problems configuring php5.2.0 and php4.4.4 with mysql5.0.27

Did you configure/install MySQL *and* the mysql-dev packages or
whatever your OS needs for the MySQL headers to be there?

Did you also compile MySQL and install it?

Is there a libmysqlclient somewhere like /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib or
whatever is appropriate for your system?

On Linux, did you do that 'ldconfig' thing that tells the OS to scan
for new libraries in various dirs?

On Linux, is the dir where your libmysqlclient lives listed in
/etc/ld.so.conf so that the OS can find it when you do the ldconfig
thing?

ldconfig -v | grep mysql is your buddy on Linux for this one.

Not that I've ever stumbled through this problem before, oh no.
:-) :-) :-)

It's weird how quickly this stuff becomes second nature after you
screw it up a half-dozen times...

On Sat, December 9, 2006 4:37 am, Erik Nordlander wrote:
> Hi, im having troubles configuring php5.2.0 (since this version didnt
> work i
> also tried 4.4.4 without success) with mysql 5.0.27 and apache 2.2.3.
> The
> apache server is working properly, and so does the mysql server.
>
> Theres a unexpeced error in the configwindow;
>
> checking return type of qsort... void
> checking for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient... no
> checking for mysql_error in -lmysqlclient... no
> configure: error: mysql configure failed. Please check config.log for
> more
> information.
>
> when i execute with command:
>
> ../configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
> --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
> --with-zlib-dir=/home/erikn/php5/pph-5.2.0/ext/zlib
> --with-gd
>
> the configlog is attached to this document, if you need it :)
>
> thanks in advance!
> Erik Nordlander
> --

Some people have a "gift" link here.