Re: fopen failed to open pipe file in Linux+Apache environment

Hi Ryan,

I just did another test, if I start the httpd by root user manually (the
httpd daemon program still owns apache user by the result of `ps -aux`), the
php script works fine. So, it seems the httpd start script
(/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd) did something specially which cause the permission
problem...
I'll continue checking it ...

Thanks,
Mike

On 12/8/06, Ryan Creaser <rjcreaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

mike xu wrote:
> Thanks a lot forr your reply.
>
> Here is the error msg:
> *Warning*: fopen(/dev/pmsg)
> [function.fopen<http://localhost/Source/test/function.fopen>]:
> failed to open stream: Permission denied in *
> /var/www/html/Source/test/register_user.php* on line *31
>
> It still doesn't work even if I move pmsg to /tmp/ directory and
> change its
> own to appache...

I don't really know Fedora or SELinux, but since your permissions seem
ok could it be the SELinux policy for httpd causing you grief?

- rjc