Re: taking a one off payment

http://checkout.google.com -- Google's answer to PayPal.
Best part is, they are taking NO FEES from now through 12/31/2007.
So you can use them to receive credit card payments for just over a year for FREE.

I've used it, and once account was setup, I was paid within 2-3 days.

Best part is, you can, from inside the webpage, click "Send Invoice" and it will ask you for an email addy, and a description of what you are billing 'em for. You don't have to create a full shopping cart system!!!

mark

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Richard Lynch wrote:

On Thu, November 16, 2006 6:23 am, Jochem Maas wrote:
> Ross wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the best way to take a one off payent (non-paypal).
>
> cash in a stable currency ;-)

Gold and Diamonds may also be worth considering. :-)

Sorry.

Now for some real suggestions:

If you really really do mean a one-off payment, Paypal may be the
simplest answer...

If you mean many one-off payments, any of the shopping carts should work.

You could also consider a MONEY ORDER or REGISTERED CHECK.

>>  I have used
>> oscommece but never attempted a one payment like a subscription
>> charge.

Hmmmm.

Now it sounds like you want a recurring charge.

I dunno about oscommerce, but you should be able to set up a recurring
charge with the back-end just by flipping a button somewhere -- The
bank then hands you a "token" sort of deal which lets you cancel the
subscription payments, but not do much more with it, so you needn't
store the CC# to maintain state.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?