Re: PHP analytics

Rick. wrote:
> I am new to php and I would like some guidance from those who have a bit more expereince with PHP
>

> I will be attempting to do a bit of tracking and web analytics. Basically, the user will login
> and from there everything that he clicked will be recorded in a database and analyzed
> i.e user behaviour, patterns with different user groups.
>
> Is this possible with php and it is a major undertaking ? just trying not to get ahead of myself here..
>
> are there any tutorials or scripts or books that you know of ?

Yeah!

I just found out about this one the other day.

Not tried it yet, but would appear to be quite nice.

It basically requires you to insert a bit of Javascript code into the
site you want to analyse and then use the PHP application to interpret
these results.

Or you could just use Google Analytics.

Either way, the PHP Analytics I saw are at:
http://www.phpmyvisites.us/

GPL etc.

If someone uses it, could they post to the list as to how useful they
feel it is? That would be of benefit to everyone.

Col