Problems with Zip+IE6

Hi all!

I have a problem with zip files and Internet Explorer 6. I try to send to
the user a dinamically generated zip file writting the http headers and
using file_put_contents for the zip content. It works fine when downloading
the file with firefox, opera, etc... even it works well if I download the
file with internet explorer and then open it with any zip tool. The problem
comes when I try to directly open the file from the URL using IE6.

I found this is a known bug of IE (several versions) in windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308090

Does anybody know any way to workaround this problem? I found a couple
workarounds in forums over there and I tried them, but unfortunately they
didn't work:
  1 - To change the mimetype (when writting http headers) from
"application/zip" that I used before to "application/x-zip-compressed"
  2 - To not use MOD_DEFLATE in apache2 (I was not using it really...)

Any idea??

Thanks a lot!