Re: Powered by?

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 15:02 -0800, pub wrote:
> Is it appropriate to ask your client to add "Powered by your company"
> to the sites you design and maintain?
> And when you see "Powered by" does it mean designed by or maintained
> by or both?

That depends on what exactly you did. If you did a bunch of CSS I'd
hardly say that the site is "powered" by your work it may be more likely
that "designed by" works. Also if you are just maintaining someone
else's work then you might say "maintained by" or "managed by". If on
the other hand you wrote the Web server or the PHP lib that presents it
to the visitor then you might write "powered by". Moving along, if you
just glued together a bunch of API's not written by yourself, and you
didn't write the webserver either, you might just want to say "glued
together by". Finally, if you glued it together and your code sucks,
best just to go with "lesson learned by" -- unless of course you're an
idiot and you didn't learn anything by making a crappy site :B
Personally, if the customer pays me money to make a site, I don't put
dirty little ego fluffers on their pages... I put them in the HTML
comments or meta tags *heheh*.

Cheers,
Rob.