Re: Hide Warnings

On Thu, November 16, 2006 10:36 am, Stein Ivar Johnsen wrote:
> How can I hide Warning messages so they are not shown on screen..:
> Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument
> passed
> by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
> declaration
> of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time
> pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true
> in
> your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any
> longer. in
> /home/users/kivugog/Blog/index.php on line 69
>
> I will appreciate all help on this...

Change php.ini and/or .htaccess to send errors to your error log
instead of to the screen.

This should be done on any Production install.

Actually, it's just not that tricky to tail -f the error log anyway,
so you oughta do it on Development to get into the habit :-)

Though it's a lot harder if your webhost doesn't give SSH access, or
even, blech, no real-time access to logs. :-(

I had to let go of a perfectly good paying client once simply because
they were wedded to a webhost that did this. [shrug]  I got smarter,
and now I won't even start on a project unless there's shell access
and real-time logs available. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?