Re: odd behavior of stripos() with === operator *LAST POST*

Robert Cummings wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 17:29 +0100, Jochem Maas wrote:
>> Robert Cummings wrote:

>>> Sure logic dictates that if a return type is confined to the boolean set
>>> then if it is not false it must be true; however, strpos() may return a
>>> value from the set of booleans or a value from the set of integers. As
>>
>> liar liar pants on fire. just to confuse matters (the OP deserves it given the length of the thread):
>> strpos() may return a boolean false or a value from the set of integers - it will never
>> ever return true (unless you hack the php source)
>
> Where's my baseball bat... ;) Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, if you re-read
> the above I wrote "strpos() may return a value from the set of booleans
> or a value from the set of integers" I didn't say WHICH value it would
> return from the set of booleans *PTTHTHTHTHTTHTT* *nyah nyah* :D

indeeed you didn't say which - thereby implying (or at least allowing for people to
assume) that any value in the set of booleans could be returned. which is not true.

but then this is the friday freakshow and you and I both know what we're talking about so
no harm done ;-)

have a good weekend!

PS - you swing like a five year old ................... girl :-P