Re: odd behavior of stripos() with === operator

At 12:29 AM 11/17/2006 , you wrote:

>> I have underlined the output I am interested in...
>
>You did??? Where?

Ok, my bad, I sent the mail as plain text instead of styled :P
oops

>> How can the variable $found be both TRUE and FALSE at the same time?
>
>None of your output above indicates that it is both equal to TRUE and
>FALSE at the same time. It does indicate that $found does NOT equal TRUE
>and does NOT equal FALSE at the same time and that is because it
>returned the integer value 0 which is the location of the string in the
>haystack.

Ok, picking gnits...
I should have said NOT true and NOT false at the same time.
As for the return of the integer 0..
The documentation indicates that the === and !== operators take this into account in fact there is a specific example in the manual.

My point here is that if !== works , why does === not?

thanks for responding.